If you were in Strongsville on Pearl, 82, or Prospect and drove past a nearly naked kid running through the rain--you caught a glimpse of me, just closing off my first 16 mile run. Next time, stop and say hi. I'll appreciate the gesture.
Casualties of the run:
iPhone... he got way way too wet during that rainstorm, and now is all glitchy. i.e. keeps turning on and off and on again, without pausing on a friendly "hello" screen. Hopefully he'll turn back on again. Because if he doesn't, I'll have to shell out some serious cash that could've been used for splitting a netbook with Cece, to buy a new phone. Ouch.
My use of "gels". (FYI, when I say "gel", I mean basically these little packets of gel-consistency pure sugar, mixed with some salts that your body loses when it sweats). I drove on over to Vertical Runner in Hudson, OH (where I bought my teensy running shorts) and got schooled by the main employee that day on my /not/ using gels. The conversation went something like this:
Me-Hi.... I'm thinking of trying these gels out. Last run, I felt some fatigue from lack of sugar in the last few miles. Any suggestions? I don't want to get hooked on them...
Employee-Why don't you use them?
Me-Well, I guess I don't want to bother, and I don't want to get hooked. Run fast with them, slower without.
Employee-You mean you don't want to FUEL yourself?
Me-...........
Me-Um. Okay.
I bought some gels. They were a hassle. They're a pain to eat while you're running, and juggling them and water without any sort of little fanny pack... ugh. I /was/ able to run faster at the end of my run today.... but it isn't worth it. Really.
I'm going to try the chewable blocks next week. I'm guessing they'll be more manageable.
This coming week is a stepback week... I'll be taking it easy, and living it up.
Sorry---no pictures, today. iPhone is toast for now.
Fingers crossed that he gets better.
Out, and clothed. Diggsy.
Oh, that sucks on the iPhone. I messed mine up a while back after my 'super-long' 3.5 ml run. My hands were so sweaty when I took it out of the baby stroller, it just went flying. Got a little scratched from cement landing and said something about SIM card not being installed, but now it's fine - thankfully. Still can't believe you are running so much and so far - it's awesome.
ReplyDelete