8.09.2009

Number Two... Finally online.
11.13pm CST; Monday July 27, 2009
Madison, WI

Well... I guess the first unveiling was sort of veiled... I never really informed anyone that I released the site, so it never happened.

Posts should usually be shorter than last time and this time, but I'll do my best to offer photos, etc. I'm still in the process of getting the site up and running... but doing so is something that requires both motivation and alotted time. And while I have free time outside of work, I've got a few things I need to divide this free time between.

Bigger and better things.
Yesterday was the longest distance I've ever run... somewhere between 12 and 13 miles. I took some substantial walking breaks. Not because I was tired, but because I received an important phone call (Cece is in Philippines right now, and I hadn't spoken with her in awhile). Also, my training program (Hal Higdon's, Novice 1) suggests learning to walk when taking drinks.
Hmm. I guess that was also a sort of special part of the run. My first ever, carrying a water bottle. I picked up a cute little kids' spill-proof bottle from Jamba Juice. Works really well.

The aftermath?
Well.. My quadriceps were more sore today than I've ever experienced. Which is to be expected. From the little bits of knowledge that Mr. Higdon offers along with his daily workouts, I've gathered that after 26.2 miles, quadriceps are usually what go.
Marathoners shuffle across the finish line.

I was also dead fatigued today... Actually bought a G2 Gatorade from the vending machine in an effort to get my body started again. Fatigue is a funny thing... it isn't quite tiredness and isn't quite a worn-down feeling in the body. It's more of an overall lethargy. I'd never experienced it until last summer (When it happened last summer, I had no idea what was wrong. In retrospect, it's pretty funny.).

Other news... I saw the movie corresponding to the following trailer this evening.
Enjoy:


No comments:

Post a Comment